Sunday, July 17, 2011

Star Wars Episode IV, V, VI Costume Details

I went to the Star Wars Exhibit last week at the Museum of Health in Houston. I was so elated to find many of the costumes/models from the original trilogy that I didn't see in one of the past exhibits! Excuse the poor quality in some photos, I was trying to keep an eye on a 4 year old at the same time! So, in taking detail shots of some, I discovered some interesting things about the following costumes:

Princess Leia's Episode IV costume:






The design on the bottom point of the Stormtrooper's pelvic guard is very bulbous, which draws A LOT of attention there. I'm wondering why they didn't just make the design flush on the outside..?







Darth Vader had an odd detail in his codpiece, we couldn't figure out the function but my 7 year old cousin said it was perhaps for a cell phone...:


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I'm a big fan of the original Star Wars movies.
    LOL you're right about the Storm Trooper! There certainly is a big - err - bulge in his costume that doesn't seem to serve a function. Out of all of the Leia's costumes the white one has to be my least favourite. It looks quite cool in your photos though!

    ReplyDelete